Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ready to Work Fingerplay Chant

I can't recall which blog I found this on, but I probably start this chant 8 times a day! It is such a good "Get yourself ready to work" prompt for my kiddos.
I usually start by asking (loudly) "How many fingers do we have???"

I have ten little fingers,
And they all belong to me.
(hold hands out in front)
I can make them do things,
Would you like to see?
I can shut them up tight.
(make a fist)
I can open them wide
(spread fingers out)
I can put them together.
(clasp hands together)
or I can make them hide.
(put hands behind back)
I can jump them up high.
(raise hands over head)
I can jump them down low.
(lower hands to knees)
I can fold them together
and hold them in my lap just so.
(fold hands in lap)


No comments:

Post a Comment