Sunday, July 1, 2012

How Multicultural is Your Library?

After a week of an intensive grad school class "Children't Literature", I am finally starting to decompress from the hour commute and really process all that I learned this week. This class and the professor were amazing! I was a suburban teacher in a class of nine urban Philly teachers, and it was really refreshing. I hear of the hardships of Philly teachers often, yet not one of these ladies had a complaint! I was really able to reflect on how much diversity I have in my classroom library.....which is nowhere near where it should be. I can pride myself on having ability awareness and anti-bullying books but I need to add some more texts to really represent diversity. This is a good list of Multicultural books for classrooms.
http://www.education.wisc.edu/ccbc/books/detailListBooks.asp?idBookLists=42

No comments:

Post a Comment